1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Question is, is they come back WWE, would Vince allow them (Matt in particular) to use some semblance of the "Broken" character.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Beth Phoenix your newest WWE HOFer

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Kind of surprised at that selection, but I always did like her in the WWE. Gotta think her being married to Edge had a little something to do with it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I also wouldn't be surprised if she's involved in an angle at Mania, or even coming back in some role. (Well, unless she's pregnant again.)

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Matt Hardy deleting everything in sight would save Wrestlemania and thats a fact

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Let's milk the Oscars thing for ALL it's worth. Did the exact same thing with Steve Harvey's blunder the next day at the Slammys.

7. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Next question because my last question was stupid - Barry Bonds.

Current or past, the most underwhelming debut?

(In any promotion; also can be extended to let's say a 6-month run afterwards since some have historically recovered from an average debut)

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It was a pretty good question, that I just didn't have much time to think of an answer. I was busy coming up with
    Oscar reactions.

As for the new question, the first one that comes to mind is Glacier, with the help of the recent story that was posted.

In the long-distant past, a guy named Mighty Joe Thunder has some IWC "love." He was a guy whose peak career was in the 1950s and early 60s with different characters and masks, who, for some reason, came out of retirement in the WWF in the early 1980s, was given Capt. Lou Albano as a manager, and had a few squash matches on TV. His wrestling style was, shall we say, very outdated. He disappeared after a few weeks. It's still a mystery why Vince gave him TV time.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Rainman likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"I'm Braden Walker and I'm going to knock your brains out!"

[​IMG]

Rainman likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The Shockmaster. Or, the Gobbledy Gooker.

Rainman, Baron Scicluna and JRoyal like this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Underwhelming" would actually be a step up for those characters.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Who?

Draft saved Draft deleted