1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

La La La: An Oscars thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, Jan 24, 2017.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I don’t understand this defense of Beatty. It's undeniable that PWC created this fuck up and started the ball rolling. That fact doesn't absolve people down the line for not doing something. Blame/responsibility is regularly apportioned among different people in circumstances like this.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

PWC issues another mea culpa.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

For me the hero of the whole thing is the producer from "La la land" who put an end to all the twittery fuckery and made sure that the award went to the winners. It was not the time for Warren Beatty to explain why it wasn't his fault - the important thing is that the true winners who had been cheated of their 'big moment' got up on the damn stage and got the award. That dude was nothing but class IMO.

Neutral Corner and Batman like this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Geez man, i don't understand the crusade to give everyone their equitable share of blame. You get 10 percent, you get 5. Ya don't think Beatty has taken heat? He has taken enough.

MTM likes this.
  6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Seriously, that is a boring piece of paper. I always thought the winner announcement would be something frame-worthy. That's just ugly.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Well that's not what you originally posted. You hung all the blame on PWC. Beatty could have done something. If he had his doubts, which he clearly had, he should have done something other than handing off the bag of shit.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think Beatty handed it to Dunaway to see what they should do. And she blurted out the first movie name she saw.

TowelWaver, lakefront and YankeeFan like this.
  9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Do you have some special attraction to Beatty we should know about?

Your persistent concern for him above all others throughout this thread has been conspicuous to say the least.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    TyWebb, YankeeFan and SnarkShark like this.
  10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Can't a guy just love Dick Tracy and not be judged?!?

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

best apology ever

Draft saved Draft deleted