1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It seems to me that Trump's priorities seem to align with people who do business with the government or want to do business with the government.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Why not just save your money by getting a burger and fries from Burger King if this is where your taste lies?

"Crispy" overcooking and ketchup "slathering" effectively just converts it into the taste equivalent of fast food, so you might as well just save some bucks and go to BK.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I get the appeal of "big government" statists. Someone speaks in compassionate tones and says that he will take care of all of your vital needs -- health care, retirement, how much you earn, what you deserve to own, etc. -- well, people are seduced by bullshit.

When they rejected that in the election after too much of a taste of it (and the shithole economy it starts us on the path toward), because of the arrogance of the people who want to nanny everyone else, and their apparent disdain for the people they actually treat like children. ... how the fuck did they end up turning to this?

He is a big government statist, TOO. ... except without the compassionate tones.

He is going to control the economy and everyone's behavior. ... because, well, he is the most successful human who has EVER (people really don't see through the exaggerated absolutes of a bullshit artist and lifelong fuck up?) lived, so he's clearly smarter than anyone. He's god -- just sit back and let god work his magic.

Economic liberty and individual freedom? Who needs those things? You have god. Not practical anyhow. ... because enemies surround us. Free markets? He loves them. ... except they need him to manage them (of course that being the point to a free market; HE isn't in charge). We need him to tell everyone where to put their plants, who to hire, what to charge, who to trade with and how, where to do business, etc.

Diverse lifestyles? Noooo. Civil liberties. Noooo. Those things allow too much individualism, and they can only stand in the way of statist control.

I said this during the election with the choices put before us. ... and I have said it virtually every day since the biggest idiot ever to live in the White House moved in. ... America is truly getting what it deserves. Truly. We lost our heads over 7 decades or so, and I strongly suspect this is going to be the final, messy result which will play out before our eyes. ... before we can take a step back (by necessity more than choice) and rediscover some measure of individual liberty again.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I have railed here many times about beer snobs - they are the worst kind of humans.
    But now i'm in a pickle - because a burnt steak and a baked potato, both slathered in ketchup, just sounds 10 kinds of awful.

dixiehack, Hermes, YankeeFan and 4 others like this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, hey there's an idea!

America is Kylo Ren.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

#Fucketchup

UPChip and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Food snobs are just as bad. People like what they like and it's no one else's business. If you can't say something nice about what someone else is eating/drinking... well, you know the rest.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't apologize for having standards. If the snobs blind-test beer, they can't tell the difference. You'd damn sure know the difference between a real steak dinner and that crap.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Music snobs are OK.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Where do you stand on catsup?

Iron_chet and QYFW like this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because just maybe you're with someone whose tastes differ from yours and whom you would like to treat to a dinner at a nice place. A place not called Burger King. Just spitballin' here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.