1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I finally just narrowed it to a few go-to items. I almost always get the Hot Mess

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

My two choices are both closed, since I enjoyed them in the 60s. Have been for years. Both were in North Texas in smaller towns, and were amazing.

Now I like Freddy's. Very thin, crispy patties with mustard, pickles and onions only. Don't need any other stuff on my burger, though ketchup is always welcome.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Spelunkers in Front Royal, Va., is the best fast-food burger I've had in years.

Tweener likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Anyone know anything about that joint near State College than has that huge monster burger challenge?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sandusky's. But it's only available on the children's menu.

murphyc and cjericho like this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

too easy.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You thinking about Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just because it's a hanging curveball doesn't mean you don't swing.

Chef2 and Vombatus like this.
  9. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Used to be a big fan of Paul's in the East Village when I lived there. Good fries, too. (Although I found the cash-only policy a bit annoying.)

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I denounce this.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

And I renounce your denunciation!

12. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I posted this back in 2013. Still applies:

There was a burned-out mini trailer in the middle of nowhere in War County, W.Va., on the side of the highway slinging cheeseburgers for $1.25 in 1989. Had one and a bag of Lay's with a Coke. Ordered four more burgers for the road and they lasted all of 20 miles.

One small meat patty, cheese, lettuce, pickles, yellow onions and tomato. You could tell the produce was local it was so fresh. Some kind of sauce that was part mayo, part Hot Wing, part Heinz 57 and part Blue Cheese Dressing as near as I could tell.

Just phenomenal.

Passed back by two weeks later and the trailer was gone. The Devil's Burger? Maybe. I'd eat them until the coronary took me to the Great Burger Trailer In The Sky.

Best burger from a place you can find? Love Burger at Love Shack in the Stockyards in Fort Worth. And it ain't even close.

OscarMadison and Batman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted