1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rossi's in Trenton.

Top of the Hill Grill in Brattleboro.

There are 3 or 4 more but I can't recall the locations. I've eaten a lot of burgers.

Edit: Fast food burger is easy: Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box. A few Whataburgers were pretty good.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hodad's, Ocean Beach, Cali.

ChrisLong and Fly like this.
  3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Lola Burger at any of the Michael Symon restaurants (including previously mentioned B. Spot Burgers) is really good.

One of my ATF burger joints is Burger Antics in Brookfield, Illinois. Everything scratch-made and lots of creative burger specials. Good cocktails and beer list, too.

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

One of my bucket-list burger joints...

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Couple of Pacific NW nominees ...

1. Helvetia Tavern, just northwest of Portland, Ore. Cool bar with trucker hats all over the ceiling. Stopped there a few years ago on the way to the coast, enjoyed their half-pounder on the outdoor patio in perfect weather. They also had RC Cola on tap, which this ex-Chicagoan appreciated.

2. Closer to home: Roger's Burgers and Ice Cream, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. There's a downtown burger stand called Hudson's that has made national lists, but avoid the huge line and almost non-existent seating and go to Roger's. Great fresh-cut, shoestring fries and huckleberry shakes, too.

@Huggy and Fly: Hodad's is on the bucket list for me, too.

Fly likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Most memorable one of late was Dyer's on Beale Street.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Chartres House in New Orleans. It's in a building that dates to the 1800s and the prices are right about what you'd expect for a mid-range restaurant. I think the burgers are about $10, which isn't too bad. The burger is to die for, and the red beans and rice is damn good, too.
    It actually makes me hate myself a little, though, since it's become my fallback option in New Orleans. All of these great, world-class restaurants that we're walking past, with a type of food that I love, and I keep wanting a damn hamburger.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Amazing and worth the time you have to spend in line.

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Thurman's in Columbus' German Village.

Tweener likes this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Damn, the best? I've had so many. Two places that stand out are Holy Cow in Alexandria, Va., and Left Bank Burger Bar in Jersey City, N.J. Both are consistently excellent.

Here's one of Holy Cow's offerings (fried shrimp on a burger) but not the one I usually get

[​IMG]

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Holy Cow is great for building your own burger, but I was surprised at how unimpressed I was with their actual menu choices. Just too complicated for my taste.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I saw that episode of the Diners, Drive-ins,Dives when Fieri was there.
    Cool looking joint.

Draft saved Draft deleted