1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 Running NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 24, 2016.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

13 minutes to go and nothing good yet.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What if the Warriors got Durant!

And nobody wants Carmelo. That ship sailed.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wish Cavs got Carmelo, defending his style is right down the Ws wheelhouse.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

On ESPN.com's front page: Taj Gibson and McDermott to the Thunder, for Cameron Payne, Anthony Morrow and Joffrey Lauvergne. - Sources: Bulls send Gibson, McDermott to OKC - Don't know the cap / contract ramifications, but on the surface, seems like a good deal for the Thunder. Payne probably can't develop properly with playing time scraps behind Westbrook, and McDermott and Gibson are better depth.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Anyone who imagined Stephen Jackson getting stoned just before Warriors games might be a bit disappointed.

A month after admitting he smoked weed on some game days, the former Golden State guard clarified his comments to 95.7 The Game on Wednesday.

“You’re going to get 110 percent of me every night,” former Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Jackson said while discussing his marijuana use.

“I’ve never smoked before a meaningful game. I’ve never smoked before a playoff game,” Jackson told Matt Steinmetz and Bonta Hill of The Game. “There’s been times where I’ve been on teams where, at the end of the season, we have no shot at making the playoffs, four or five games left, and really the coach is not even playing me. …

Ex-NBA player clarifies: I didn't smoke marijuana before 'meaningful' games - The Cannifornian

So, if NBA players only smoke weed before meaningless games, that covers 98% of the regular season and the first round of the playoffs?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Do the Hawks have a D-League team in Scranton?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Smoke enough, and all games are meaningless, right?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the Cousins era begins with a bang in NOLA.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the Warriors. 47 at halftime, drop 50 on the Clippers in the third quarter.

Damn.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted