1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin Files: Benjamin Button Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Oh god, is Poindexter going to be pissed.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Guys, don't start your own interpretations of what you think poin threads are.
    They are a female teacher with a student.
    Post a link, a little background, and post a pic. Then let the thread breathe, and grow organically.

A society runs best when people follow established rules.

The last thing I want is my good name attached to some sicko story that somebody like Vombatus could find.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I will say this: if all she did was the lap dance, she was performing a valuable service.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've become a meme.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This thread has all sorts of potential.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Poor poindexter. Up next. ... Poin files: donkey show edition.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm a little worried that this thread and others like it are going to spark a lengthy and fairly boring battle between factions that will argue over the original intent of the poin format and those who will contend that it is more of a living, breathing format that is more open to interpretation.

I'm not sure that the continued existence of the Founding Father will hamper that debate.

sgreenwell and dixiehack like this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

What a tease. You're 100 years old and some young thing is flashing her ass at you and . . . nothing. Probably didn't even twitch.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I have a friend who's a cop. They set up a prostitution sting to nail the johns, using a policewoman hookered up as the bait. She'd walk the street and when a guy pulled up, she'd tell them to go around the corner and pull in a vacant lot, and she'd be there in a minute. When they pulled in, the cops would pounce and give them an NTA for solicitation. After they nailed a few guys, one obviously older gentleman drove in. They checked is ID and saw he was 92 years old. My buddy didn't have the heart to write him up and just told him to go home. His comment: "I admired his optimism."

Lugnuts, sgreenwell, UPChip and 3 others like this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He has dementia, so on top of that he probably didn't remember it 5 minutes later.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I would apologize for the threadjack, but never in the history of threads has there been a thread more worthy of being jacked, so, whatever. I have a question:

Is @Vombatus pronounced VOM-buh-tus, like rhymes with vomitus? Or is it Vom-BAY-tous?

Inquiring minds need to know.

Draft saved Draft deleted