1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 MLB spring training running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Those are four good ones to lose. I figure Angel and CB will die with their chest protectors on, throwing someone out of a game as the winning steals home in game seven of the Series.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Davidson, Hirschbeck and Welke I agree with, but Joyce is regularly rated among the top umpires, the Galarraga debacle notwithstanding.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why's that dumb? It speeds up play without affecting quality. Anyway this has been forecast for a year.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I thought his books were tough to get through.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Was doing some reading. After joking repeatedly about his "situation handling" skills, I realized today that Bob Davidson grew up in the very city where I currently reside. I guess the "Minnesota nice" thing was lost on him.

Jim Joyce was one of the good ones, and a gentleman. Owned up to a big mistake in ways few men, much less pro officials would. Among his other accomplishments was the bang-on 'obstruction' call from third that ended Game (3?) of the 2013 World Series. For what it's worth, he was apparently quoted in 2014 as saying he had a couple years left in him if his knees held up, so voila.

On the other side of things, Mets fans may be disappointed to note that Adam Hamari is now a full-timer. Hamari was the one who threw Noah Syndergaard out without a warning in the Mets-Dodgers rematch. However, Hamari is from a small town less than a half-hour from my parents' house, so it's good to see someone make it to the show out of there.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This won't do much to speed up the game. Only thing that will is keeping batters in the box and pitchers on point.

Oh, and limiting commercials. And that's not going to happen.

Baseball is great the way it is. Leave it alone.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey Bob Davidson, Deion is still out....happy retirement....

[​IMG]

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How in the fuck do you miss that?

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was at that game and while Balkin' Bob allegedly had a better view than me, even I could see he was out.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted