1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, IMDB message boards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 4, 2017.

1. rich24

rich24 New Member

AWFUL MOVE!! The message boards were essential, for clarifying plot points, airing plot theories, “who was that uncredited actor?”, “what was that mumbled line?”, “what was the song playing at the end of the episode?” etcetera…It was easy enough to identify and ignore the trolls and haters, and imdb users had methods for putting those people in their place. imdb just got a lot less useful. Contact imdb and urge them to rethink this: Contact us

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Perhaps Star could port over his content and share here.
    I'm curious to get his take on Hackman's portrayal of Lex Luthor.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I know. It is brutal. Now you will have to rely on any of the hundreds of other places on the internet that have that info.

BUT HOW WILL WE LIVE?!?!

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Too tall to have been a pure villain.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Nope, the IMDB message boards were the only place on the Internet for discussing movies.
    No other options exist.

TyWebb likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Everything on the IMDB boards is gone.

As far as Hackman/Luthor: absolute dogshit.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Are we sure the IMDB message boards weren't shut down BECAUSE of Starman's particular brand of online discourse? That really would be the next level. Instead of booting the internet's most infamous poster, unwelcome at even the most depraved sites, maybe they just closed up shop.

8. Starman

Actually I rarely said anything nasty naughty or even irritating on most IMDB boards. It was the nonstop racist spammers who swamped most boards who got them shut down.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@Starman Can you direct us to other boards you post on? I'd be fascinated to see what goes on elsewhere.

poindexter likes this.
  10. Starman

Not really without self-outing, no.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wait... you post in a similar manner, but not anonymously on other boards?

That's even more fascinating.

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. Starman

Most of the stuff that has gotten me suspended or banned from other boards has been deleted anyway.

You'd like some of it. I got whacked on Daily Kos at one point for calling Barack Obama a Stepin Fetchit.

Draft saved Draft deleted