1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, would it really be a stretch if I cut off my own nose?......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This head cold that I acquired overnight Sunday Night is kicking my ass.
    Started with a hacking deep cough. That's the one that sucks because you're not coughing anything up. Finally, that turned, and now I'm bringing stuff up. Problem is now I'm sneezing, eyes somewhat watering, and still coughing along with a very very runny nose.. I feel like the worst is over, but sumamabitch, overnight Sunday night was painful.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

It was about a 6-week illness for me. Same symptoms. Z-pack didn't work. Augmentin finally knocked it out. I felt fine for 2 days, then I got a cold. Shoulda bought stock in Kleenex.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'm on day 10. I have been hacking and hacking. At least I am at a point where when I swallow I am over it feeling like I'm choking down glass.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've had a bad run.
    Two weekends ago - head cold. Pretty minor. A little extra sleep and kicked it.
    Last week Friday, either food poisoning or gastroenteritis. Hard to tell. Absolutely crushed me for about 24 hours, and I was really shakey and weak for half a day after that.
    Immediately folowing recovery from that, I somehow tweaked my back and now dealing with severe back spasms for past 2-3 days.

As my mother would say, I'm like the Wreck of the Hersperus.

Draft saved Draft deleted