1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How 10 Facebook comments tell the story of Dexter Fowler, the Cardinals and America in 2017

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ace likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I half expected to see a cringe-worthy comment from my second cousin from North County, who's pretty much the reactionary white St. Louisan from central casting.

Instead I saw one from my other second cousin* who lives there - and a positive one at that.

* Maybe. It's a pretty common name and he usually doesn't get near political stuff online, very much unlike his brother.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That was a really good column.

Thoughtful. And I appreciated how Passan managed to have his own opinion tacitly, without having to hit readers over the head with his opinion. ... the way too many columnists do. That was very well done. Thanks for the link.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Agreed. The most opinionated stuff is a bit in there that really digs at Cardinals fans, and what they tend to prefer in a player, and all I can say is: It's really accurate, IMO.

justgladtobehere likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted