1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Saw "Arrival" last week and absolutely loved it. It was the kind of film that stayed with me for a few days afterward. Really well told story, with excellent acting, cinematography and effects.

Watched "Bleed For This" last night and it was so-so. Not on the level of something like "The Fighter," though it feels like it should have been. There was something lacking, but I'm not entirely sure what it was. Could be the lackluster score, or the way they touched on Kevin Rooney's drinking, without bothering to make it a real part of the narrative.

Aside from being about 6 inches too tall, Teller absolutely nailed Pazienza and Ted Levine as Lou Duva was perfect. They did a nice job incorporating real local news footage into the film and even gave a cameo to one of the local sportscasters who still works for the Providence station today. I liked the film, but didn't love it the way I thought I would.

2. LionBashar

LionBashar New Member

"3 idiots" last watched.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Saw "Lion" at the theater. Knew the story and was not expecting a whole lot. Have not been hit emotionally like that in a movie in a long time. I was using the popcorn box to hide me wiping the dust from my eyes. Really powerful.

LionBashar likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

"Fist Fight" was funny, but very crude.

Charlie Day was good. Ice Cube had a nice NWA reference and Christina Hendricks is very sexy, although her character was odd.

Probably a better DVD movie than paying for it in the theater

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Saw that last night and yeah, that was a heart-tugger. What wonderful performances by the little guy (loved his determined running) and Dev Patel.

Ace likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

We had a family night out with two teenage boys and they picked Fist Fight much to mom and dad's consternation. Pretty funny, okay it was LOL. Was a bit disconcerning to see the little girl sing THOSE lyrics (my 15 yr old said those words are so common now its not a big deal; old guy/me says still wrong).

7. LionBashar

LionBashar New Member

I also seen this few weeks ago.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Finally watched 'The Hateful Eight.'
    Wow, that was something. I'm still processing it.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

About 2/3 way through, its been somewhat fun but kind of a slog too.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it will win the Best Picture Oscar -- it might be too quiet, or without enough of a "cause" for that -- but I saw "Lion" today, and really liked it.

I'm thinking/hoping, it may be "Fences" for the win in something of an upset, actually. But it will probably be "Moonlight" or "La La Land".

11. LionBashar

LionBashar New Member

Late night watched "Avatar" Amazing one.

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Dark Night of the Scarecrow (don't ask)
    Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
    Lost in Space

Draft saved Draft deleted