1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I'm scouring reality shows looking for the next Presidential candidate, given the curve we're on.

I've identified one early contender, the Dice Man:

Get to Know ANDREW DICE CLAY & VALERIE VASQUEZ | My Kitchen Rules on FOX

Valerie is the cook and comes off as a very nice person, as well as a good cook according to the judges.

Dice actually comes off not so bad, considering.

Judge Cat Cora's stylist is trying to boost ratings. Part of being on TV, I guess.

I'm watching "Barnwood Builders" right now, and I'd vote for Sherman or Johnny Jett.

2. Machine Head

Somebody needs to explain this to our President.

Seems he has a problem processing this.

Keeps talking about it.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he didn't mean to.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Maybe, but that is on HRC, the DNC, WJC, and the FBI.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Sure. Doesn't make him not dumb though.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's fascinating how even people here who are far from Trump fans, but who definitely are white men, would rather blame Trump's win on Hillary Clinton than on the sexism and racism of their own kind. Trump is President because Obama got elected twice and wasn't a failure, and many white people just couldn't stand knowing maybe their failures in life might be their own fucking faults.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This whole tweet storm is so awesome. It could have been written by @Starman.

Democrats really don't know what to do.

Do they simply write off white working class voters -- and the Midwest states that come with them?

It's an argument many are making today.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Speaking of which...

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You mean white bigots? Working class is the new synonym for dumbass bigot. Most Trump voters were middle class or better.
    It is revealing that the "Trump voters still like Trump" stories use quotes that always, always reveal those quoted to be complete shits, complete dopes, or both. The many, many, many people who voted for Trump because he was the Republican and that what's they always do appear to be keeping themselves to themselves these days.

11. Machine Head

What's with the Princess Diana picture?

Honest question.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wouldn't throw "dumb" around so lightly. Obviously, he's not a skilled politician walking a fine line on every issue to appeal to 51%+, and he lacks diplomacy, tact and a lot of other things like perhaps moral values and decency.

But he somehow parlayed that into sticking it up Obama's and Hillary's asses.

He's a President in on-the-job training mode. And they ALL go through OJT because there is no school that trains people to be a President.

But watching him is going to be painful and like finding out not only how sausage is made, but what goes on in the slaughterhouse too.

SpeedTchr and jr/shotglass like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.