1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Bell's Hopslam.

spikechiquet likes this.
  2. cjericho

Yuenglings Amber Lager

3. cjericho

Can of Budweiswer

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Since it's Saison Sunday, poured a Bellwoods Farmhouse Classic (in proper Bellwoods stemware). My favorite Toronto brewery.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Sangria, Coke Zero, Revolution Pale Ale, Sam Adams Hopscape and a red wine during a progressive dinner tonight.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Have a feeling this will be coming in the mail soon ...

The most delicious (and one of the most expensive) coffees in the world does not hail from Jamaica or Hawaii, but instead, from Indonesia. Kopi Luwak (Civet) Coffee is extremely rare. It is harvested from the droppings of a cat-like animal (The Luwak). The Luwak's are very selective eaters. They love to eat raw coffee cherries and will only eat the best (ripest) of the bunch. Their digestive system processes the cherries, removing the outer husk and leaves the green coffee beans intact in their droppings. The droppings are dried, the beans are then removed and thoroughly cleaned and ready to be roasted. The internal digestion process adds a very unique and special flavor to the beans, removing the bitterness. Whether you are looking for a unique gift for someone special, or, you are a coffee connoisseur and want to treat yourself to a once-in-a-lifetime experience, Kopi Luwak coffee is the ticket! Our Kopi Luwak beans are imported directly from a Luwak farm in Indonesia and are hand roasted by our master coffee roaster in micro batches. We supply very small amounts of roasted and packaged beans to Amazon so, rest assured, the beans are always fresh and you will not be disappointed! Brewing Recommendations: French Press: Coarsely Grind 28 grams of Kopi Luwak Coffee Beans. Place ground beans in empty French Press. Bring 16 ounces of water to a boil. Allow to cool to 195-200 degrees Fahrenheit (10-15 seconds). Add just boiled water to French press and stir. Place Lid on French Press with plunger extended in a manner that will not allow steam to escape. Let sit for 5 minutes. Slowly push plunger down to the bottom of the French press (20 seconds or so from top to bottom). Pour Coffee and Enjoy! P.S. Do not allow coffee to sit inside the French Press as it will continue to brew.

[​IMG]

7. cjericho

That post almost made me opt for the Fodgers Dark Roasted Fecal Matter, but decided to go with Kirkland Green tea and a water.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My cousin texted me that after I badgered her into trying craft beer that she got a Lagunitas Pils at the bar and hated it.
    I can't recall having it (not a big Pils fan)...but my guess is going to a hop-forward, 6.5% Pils by a West Coast brewery isn't the first bridge to craft beer from Bud Light.

9. cjericho

Maybe have her try Daytime Fractional IPA, or Founders All Day IPA. or if Cigar City is there, Jai Alai.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Plain black coffee, it's just Cafe Bustelo. It was not shat out by a civet.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Went out with 2 buddies last night and we did a Scotch blind tasting; trying to identify:

Johnny Walker Blue
    Johnny Walker Black
    Balvenie 12
    Some other one started with an O (not Oban)

So we each split 4 shots and had some appetizers and dinner.

We were able to agree/id the Blue on the first go around; then after a few more tries, got all 4 right.

If you haven't tried blind tastings, my suggestion is give it a try with some good buddies.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Drinking my new favorite $15-20 red -- The Spur from Murrieta's Well. A red blend from CA.

Draft saved Draft deleted