1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Full-time freelancer in Spokane, Wash. area

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by bourq25, Jan 8, 2017.

1. bourq25

bourq25 Member

Hello, this is Bruce Bourquin, former Coeur d'Alene Press Sports Writer. My email address is bobi78@juno.com and I can email clips to anyone interested.
    I have 10 years of full-time sports writing experience covering preps, college and some professional sports (NHL.com, Associated Press, Newsday, University of Arizona and Gonzaga men's basketball, etc.). Plus I have 4 years of freelance sports writing experience with papers like The Orange County Register (OCCarsity.com), The Los Angeles Times-owned Daily Pilot, Santa Barbara News-Press, etc.
    I can cover sporting events and/or write features in eastern Washington and north Idaho. This includes Washington State, Gonzaga University, Eastern Washington, preps, minor league teams, etc. I request $50 per story.
    Thanks,
    Bruce Bourquin

2. bourq25

bourq25 Member

Anyone out there who needs someone to cover BYU men's hoops @ No. 1 Gonzaga can email me at: bobi78@juno.com
    I live 30 miles east of Gonzaga. My fee is $60-$75 per story or more, negotiable, of course. I'm totally available on Saturday night. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. If possible, please email me by Wednesday or Thursday.
    I can also email anyone interested my cell phone number. My Twitter name is @BourquinMan
    Whoever wins, this'd be a huge story. Gonzaga wins, they'll likely take another step toward cementing their place toward another No. 1 seeding in the NCAA tournament, depending on how the WCC tourney goes.
    BYU wins, which they did last season, it'd be among the biggest upsets of the season - maybe even including upcoming conference and NCAA tournament games. They always seem to give Gonzaga fits.
    Thanks for your time,
    Bruce Bourquin

Below are some of my clips on college men's basketball teams. The first one is a heartwarming story in the summer of 2015 on former players like Kyle Wiltjer visiting a camp that had kids with cancer called Camp Goodtimes @ a YMCA facility in nearby Deer Park, Washington.

'A place to plug away from the world'

--Here is a recent gamer on Arizona State basketball I covered for The Arizona Republic this past Saturday at WSU:

Washington State runs away from Arizona State basketball

Draft saved Draft deleted