1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They raised it from 65 to 66 for those born from 1943-54 and to 67 for anyone born after 1960.

I've been saying that for a long time, but now I'm not so sure.

Remember, employers are picking up half that tab. If, all of a sudden, an employer sees his FICA contribution go through the roof (because his highly paid employees are seeing all of their $200K income subjected to FICA), that will mean bad news for the job market, prices and wages.

Raise the cap and somehow keep the employer contribution out of it, and I'm OK. Maybe even reduce the percentages along the way: 6.2 percent up to $120K, 5.2% ($120K-$140K), 4.2% ($140K-160K), 2.2% ($160K-$180K), 1.2% ($180K-$200K).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    dixiehack likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How is that not a free speech violation though? If someone is truly threatening them, there are existing laws they can be charged under. If it doesn't rise to that standard, then suck it up buttercup. The N.C. Republicans want to create some special snowflakes here.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The networks should require her to wear the toy soldier/marching band outfit she had on during the inaugural if she wants to go on the shows. Any show.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

If you are wealthy, there is no excuse for having terrible hair.
    That goes for Donald, Eric, Spicer and Conway (who looks like she's never used a bottle of conditioner).
    I hope the writing and costuming gets better for this reality show before the nuclear armageddon that has been rumored to happen on sweeps week.

Big Circus and dixiehack like this.
  5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm about ready for North Carolina to secede.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. BTExpress

I guess there's just a gray area between harassing and "truly threatening." They don't want to be harassed, kind of like Bill Buckner didn't want to be harassed. But once you cross that bridge of affecting people's lives (that politicians do), I can understand how people might feel the desire to harass them. I prefer to err on the side of courtesy in such matters.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Offer not valid if found to be using a gender-inappropriate restroom.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

So it'll be illegal to stalk a North Carolina homophobe bigot, but South Carolina homophobe bigots are fair game? That's whack.

9. dixiehack

Maybe you could give cotillion lessons to state officials.

“If Brains were lard, you couldn’t grease a small skillet” Senator apologizes after tweet at marchers

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Because Republicans are not irresponsible, entitled morons.

11. BTExpress

My North Carolina friends are shaking their heads these days. "We used to LAUGH at South Carolina."

12. dixiehack

If there is any small comfort for Democrats, it is that Republicans are acting just as clumsy and dismissive of the backlash movement against them as Dems did in the early days of the Tea Party movement.

TowelWaver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.