1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl LI thread: Now they're coming for you, Rog

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Back when I covered BC football, they had to mandate ending tailgating by the second quarter. Stands would be empty otherwise. I've said this before elsewhere, but while BC is only playoff-eligible college football program, it's a relatively small school overall. So the majority of Bostonians who went to other schools have either no rooting interest or active antipathy to BC sports.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He can interview Steve Bartkowski and David Archer. Problem solved.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I had to cover a team for five Super Bowl bye weeks. You can't hate it as much as I did. I mean, I know I ragged on Dan before, and he deserved it, but I do have some sympathy. The paper wants copy, copy, copy, and there are no stories, stories, stories. Big one in the Globe yesterday was the news section chestnut "Did you know going to the Super Bowl is expensive?"

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

This is the guy who wrote it, and he seems content in defending it, in spite of his lack of evidence.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I should have known.

Gator and dixiehack like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Gator likes this.
  9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

How do you explain to your children the Atlanta Falcons organization pumping fake crowd noise through the speakers at the Georgia Dome? I mean, how do you explain that to impressionable kids?!?

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

You see kids, when a mommy and a daddy want to win a football game very, very much...

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yes, Virginia, The Tapes Were Destroyed.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Now kids, we are Atlanta sports fans, so we don't deserve much anyway. But when our bright and shiny hope for a championship inevitably goes down in flames, I want you to be prepared to blame the loss on the Patriots cheating. And to do that, you must learn three simple syllables: DE - FLATE - GATE.

Gator likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted