1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The lead centerpiece in our paper tomorrow. One of the top stories on the wires. It'll be in every newspaper in America.

cjericho likes this.
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The most important thing to Trump is Trump as a brand. If you really want to hurt him, you hold him up and point at his failures and missteps, factually and unemotionally. Kellyanne Goebels can spin like a turbine, but this weekend illustrated the power of a "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?" moment.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Lead story in our paper.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Effin A on Conway.

Her act disturbs me. It's pollyannish and unpleasant and I think she's thrown out there to clean up messes she couldn't dream of cleaning up and willingly looks like a fool trying to do so.

Get her off TV.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Conway is a character straight out of Kafka.
    I can see why Spicer is such a dunce and a stooge- he believes he's being loyal.
    Conway is someone who was once firmly in the Cruz camp, describes herself as a Gen X conservative.
    She looks like a meth head that could easily be swept off the stage, but she is more dangerous as she has actually been training Republicans in these darker arts of confabulation.
    These are bad folk. No two ways about it.

Stoney, HanSenSE and Killick like this.
  8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, there was a bit of both stories today. Spicer was hit with a lot of questions on issues, some of which I wonder if Trump even knew existed, but the tandem of Saturday's "newser" and Conway's "alternate facts," combined with Trump's constant whining about not winning the popular vote, are a part of the story too.

Starman's tales of Trump's incestuous tendencies are stuff of sj.com legends.

10. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I denounce the New York Times.

Genuinely. @YankeeFan shouldn't do that and neither should the NYT.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm sure @YankeeFan could cite me chapter and verse, but has any candidate or president ever had so many visible spin doctors who become this prevalent and prominent? The news networks have become the Kellyanne Conway Show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.