1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL 2016-17 playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 2, 2017.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

dixiehack likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Brady has been amazing. He missed on what, one or two throws? This is the best pass-blocking line he has had in a while. The Steelers had been getting great pressure during the nine-game winning streak that got them here, but it disappeared most of the game tonight.

Pittsburgh just isn't good enough in the secondary. They were able to cover it with a decent pass rush to get this far, but their guys just didn't win enough up front.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a prettier SB matchup than Ryan vs. Brady?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sean Spicer just tweeted out that the Steelers still have a great chance to win this game.

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

This game's droopier than the identical jowls shared by Bill Belichick and Hillary Clinton.

6. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

How long were you holding that one in reserve?

7. Donny in his element

Fifteen or so seconds. Made the observation to my wife first. I have two young kids, so I have little time to make even banal observations. Unless they're poop related.

EDIT: Missed the obvious opportunity to make a parallelism juxtaposing banal observations with the poop-related anal observations. And with hilarious results, were I not so tired all the time.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. outofplace

Oddly enough, Roethlisberger really wasn't awful tonight. His receivers have been lacking most of this season. Brown is still great, but they don't have much else. Since last season, they lost Bryant to a suspension and Miller to retirement, then Markus Wheaton missed most of the season with injury. They also signed Green to take Miller's place, but he missed most of the season and all of the playoff games with a concussion.

Backups and practice squad guys just aren't going to be good enough to get it done against the Patriots. Hamilton dropped a touchdown, James let a third-down pass go through his hands and Rogers had a killer fumble. That is part of why the Steelers went to a run-oriented offense built around Bell, which was good enough until tonight. Bell's injury hurt, but the Steelers failed a lot up front tonight.

I don't think it would have mattered the way Brady shredded the defense, but the hope was the offense could make this a game.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

oop, serious question, not trying to be a dick: do you get any enjoyment while watching Steelers games? Just curious.

Will miss your observations two weeks from now. I'm rooting for the Falcons.

10. outofplace

Please stick your lame attempt at message board psychological analysis where the sun never shines. Thank you.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The over/under was sitting right around 50 points. Some folks are happy with the Steelers' never-say-die grittiness.

12. Donny in his element

EDIT: Said it better, later. Drew OOP's ire. Just click the Next button below.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted