1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL 2016-17 playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 2, 2017.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The Steelers were staying at Logan Airport according to Boston.com and the Herald.

Eastie man charged with false alarm at Logan hotel

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I guess Patriots fans are so used to their team cheating they are afraid that New England can't win without a little extra help. :D

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

True Massachusetts story: UVA hoops played at BC this week. UVA video crew found a rolling camera in the arena before their afternoon workout. Covered the lens before getting started.

4. outofplace

It's that shining example Coach Hoodie has been setting for all of these years.

So, what broadcast do you think the Steelers will be getting on their headsets this evening? I'm thinking they won't want to do the same thing twice, so instead of the game, perhaps a little classical music.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

That story is over four years old and it is about a guy who hasn't worked for the Steelers since 2007, but yeah, that has as much impact on today's game as stuff that happened this morning. Poor Patriots fans really can't take being reminded about their franchise's well-earned reputation.

The Steelers' history with PED use is shameful and it goes back decades. I've written that multiple times on this board. Someday perhaps we will see a Patriots fan display similar honesty.

7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

First we get to see Matt Ryan work some more magic. He is the Archway of NFL QBs.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Football player took steroids: Dog bites man.

Baseball player took steroids: OH THE HUMANITY! WHERE ARE MY PEARLS?!?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The over/under on GB-Atl is 61. That's crazy for a conference championship game.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Defensive football is on full display right now #AlternativeFacts

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This might be more than a hot start. The Pack looks completely unable to neutralize Ryan.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I see Rog wisely chose to get as far from New England as he could for when the headsets go out.

Draft saved Draft deleted