1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Portsmouth, Ohio

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by johnstegeman, Dec 13, 2016.

1. johnstegeman

johnstegeman New Member

I saw this on their Facebook. They also need an editor and a couple CSRs. This is Civitas, so... and as a former sports editor there myself, all I can kindly say is this is a good place for a good first job if you don't have a family to support.

[​IMG]
    Portsmouth Daily Times | Facebook

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Paid $10 an hour six years ago.

3. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

Which is ridiculous because that's about what it paid in 1999 when I was there. But I digress.

4. johnstegeman

johnstegeman New Member

I had them up to 12 an hour I think when I was SE. But yeah....they probably dropped it down if they got the chance.

5. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

That's poverty wage. Oh wait I guess we are journalists so there's that.

6. jesusjimenez89

jesusjimenez89 New Member

7. Zads07

Zads07 Member

I interviewed there 3 years ago and the pay was around 10-11 if I remember correctly. Cool tidbit, the football stadium that housed the Portsmouth Spartans is still there. They turned into the Detroit Lions.

8. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

All these wacked liberal assholes bitching about how fast food workers with GEDs should get at least $15 an hour. I guess college-educated journalists making $10 an hour don't matter anymore?

9. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

That's an alternative fact, you realize this, right?

10. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

What's an alternative fact? Isn't that just a lie?

11. Zads07

Zads07 Member

No need to bring politics into this thread. I think we all agree journalists are grossly underpaid for what we do.

Draft saved Draft deleted