1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the oldest pieces of clothing you own?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Jan 20, 2017.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I still have my wrestling warmups from the early '90s. Anything before that would have serious too-tight issues.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I have a Dave Matthews Band Tour t shirt from 98 and a pair of sweatpants I bought from the Gap later that year.
    There's also a summer league hoops t shirt from 97 that doesn't fit me that I keep because it has the initials of a friend who died that summer.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Was Bruce one the tan/khaki shirt? If so, had the same one, didn't go to that concert, aunt got it for me.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Black with blue lettering/logos.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Ahh. Wish I still had the tan one with white lettering. Pretty sure I still have a poster from that tour. Mrs. J got rid of a lot of old shirts. As far as concert shirts, think Weezer and Jimmy Buffett from mid 90s are the oldest.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have a T-shirt from when I graduated high school in 1994. It's too small, but it has all of the names of our graduating class on it so I keep it.
    Also have a long sleeve T-shirt from a Podunk 10K from 1999 that is comfortable as hell. I mostly wear it around the house because it says "1999 Podunk 10K" on it.
    I think there's also some button down and polo shirts from the late 90s/early 2000s in my closet. Still wear them from time to time because they're in good shape and fairly timeless in terms of style.

7. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

I have a tropical shirt (wife picked it out in the onboard duty-free shop) from our Caribbean honeymoon cruise in 1993. Still wear it from time to time -- it's in great condition and is loose-fitting enough that my fluctuations in girth over the years haven't made much difference.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I have a baby blanket. I think I used to hump it.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have a '99 Ryder Cup souvenir golf shirt I still use sometimes.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I have a 70-year old US Navy blanket.

11. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I think I still have a Tre Kroner Swedish jersey purchased at the '88 Calgary Olympics hiding in some storage box in the garage.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I still have a T-shirt I grabbed at some pub in Maine in the '90s. Frayed around the collar but still comfy.

Draft saved Draft deleted