1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports journalist | Cumming, Georgia

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SFIND, Jan 19, 2017.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Journalist

The Forsyth County News is looking for an ambitious, creative and energetic sports journalist who wants to join an award-winning newsroom changing the face of media in North Georgia.

We are looking for someone to cover games; write breaking news, features and enterprise stories; use social media as a journalistic tool; and appear on video for the growing multimedia presence at ForsythNews.com.

The successful candidate will be assertive, someone who is eager to pitch story ideas or multimedia content that will take readers beyond the box score. We want someone with strong digital skills who can develop an audience and engage the community through social media. Strong work ethic and versatile skills are expected.

Knowledge of AP style is required. Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is a plus. Moreover, we're looking for someone who will be creative and honest and professional.

Forsyth County is Georgia's fastest-growing, most-affluent and healthiest county. Located near the beautiful North Georgia Mountains and Lake Lanier, and only 30 miles from the many amenities of Atlanta, Forsyth County boasts a population of 190K and has six high schools. There is also the opportunity to cover the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons and college football (Georgia, Georgia Tech).

Our compensation package includes competitive pay, medical, dental and life.

Send cover letter, resume and at least five clips to Brian Paglia, sports editor, at bpaglia@forsythnews.com, or track him down on Twitter @BrianPaglia.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Must be a great job if it's a d_b.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No kidding. The posts just keep Cumming...

I'll show myself out

Big Circus and HanSenSE like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Someone had to say it.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. bourq25

bourq25 Member

Good one.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be a spurt of applications.

cjericho likes this.
  7. jsimp

jsimp Member

Anything new on this?

8. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

I applied and heard back via email, Mr. Paglia said that the position has been filled.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Camille's husband?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So the search has climaxed, and the hiring process is in a refractory period.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Interested... interested... interested... and suddenly I lost interest. ;)

12. bourq25

bourq25 Member

Aaaaaand .... I'm done. Took a robust 15 minutes (or maybe 20?).

Draft saved Draft deleted