1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 Running NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 24, 2016.

1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Those 2 additional losses.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Season gets longer for Kings ...

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I remember both facts very well. I even saw that 72-10 team roll into SJ (Oakland Arena in remodel) and wipe out the Ws, IIRC Bulls were up 30 in the 2nd QTR and it was like the Beatles.

4. HanSenSE

And also IIRC, Jordan sat out the last three quarters. The Warriors were that bad.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Bullshit. Jordan played48 a night and never rested, not like theses pussies today.

6. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

You're off by a year. That massacre happened the next season. Golden State actually hung with the 72-win team, leading going into the fourth despite Rony Seikaly, Joe Smith, B.J. Armstrong and Jerome Kersey playing real minutes.

7. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I mean, the how is interesting, namely that Durant is probably the most efficent player in the league and Steph seems a little off.

But to just hold up raw numbers (and freaking scoring averages), seems like a pretty pointless exercise. Being better than last year on many (any?) fronts was unlikely because so many things went right. They have the best offense and defense in the league as of this moment. Their offense is better than the past two years, defense better than last year, worse than the year before.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And do you think that matches the expectations fostered by a swap of Durant for Barnes?

It was a good story.

9. HanSenSE

But did he have to drag Kareem all over the court?

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think people are making too much of the "Steph is having an off year" stuff.

They added Durant. Someone's numbers were going to go down. I figured, like most people I think, that Klay's numbers would drop. It's been Steph's instead. It's not that he's not making shots -- it's that he's not handling the ball nearly as much as he has in the past. He's been adjusting for Durant far more than anyone else.

They're an interesting team right now. They're certainly more disjointed this season than they've been in the past, but they're still beating the hell out of people.

I thought going in they'd be really vulnerable to the Clippers. Then everyone on the Clippers broke.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It was the '96-97 year when the Ws were in SJ; which was the year after the 72 win Bulls; so still a spectacle when they rolled into town.

It was 35-8 after 1; ugh, amazing thing was I recall MJ was playing as hard in 2 qtr as the Finals; that to me was a sign of his true greatness.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Draymond owns Griffin; Ws own Clippers.

Draft saved Draft deleted