1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Been two decades since I've had service done at a dealership.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The band Kansas.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The guys working at the dealership are making minimum wage?

Do you have anything to back this up? I have a hard time believing it.

Auto Mechanics
    The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that automotive dealerships employed 195,220 auto service technicians and mechanics as of May 2011. Techs and mechanics specialize in internal mechanical components, including the engine, transmission and more. But they must also be able to repair mechanical parts that have an electronics component, such as braking systems. These workers earned an average annual salary of $42,910, or $20.63 an hour.

Other Auto Repair Jobs
    The bureau reported car dealers employed 27,230 auto body repair workers, 1,900 tire repair workers and 370 auto glass repair personnel. While not mechanics in the truest sense, they are a valuable part of any service department. Auto body workers were better paid than regular mechanics, averaging $43,760, or $21.04 an hour. Tire repair workers averaged $26,750, or $12.86 an hour, while auto glass repair workers averaged $38,440, or $18.48 an hour.

The Average Salary of Car Dealership Mechanics

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Duuuust in the wind...all we'll be is dust in the wind...

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

'Taking funding from public schools" is often defined as "spending money that could have been spent on public schools (but currently isn't) on something other than public schools."

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Holy fuck is that low compared to up here.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are the one defending her. I was just offering a few suggestions. If it isn't those things, what is it you like? You said her thinking is an improvement, so be specific. So far all you have offered is vague generalities and attacks on previous department heads.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So basically taking funding that would ordinarily go to (already under-funded) public schools and giving it to private, for-profit enterprises? Do these school companies fall under your definition of crony capitalism?

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You ignored the "but currently isn't" part of my post ...

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

OK, interesting that you seem think public school funding would remain static if charters and so-called school choice are expanded through vouchers (which I doubt), but my primary question stands: Isn't the charter school movement a prime example of the kind of crony capitalism/rent seeking that usually seems to bother you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.