1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2016-17 College Rings Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 10, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I hate the mentality of SEC basketball refs. "Ooh, this has been an exciting, fast-paced game. Let's make sure everyone knows we are here by calling a foul every 1.5 seconds."

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Things get testy during Siena-Rider game. Rider says no thank you to post-game handshake. Siena coach owns the moment.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I always thought naming a school after J.R. Rider was a bad move.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ole Miss player Rasheed Brooks collapsed on the court during a timeout, right in front of the bench. Taken off on a stretcher.

5. dixiehack

Had a seizure. In the hospital undergoing tests.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Patsos is one interesting dude.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Rider's coach said he instructed the team not to go through the handshake line so that things wouldn't escalate any further. I can actually buy that explanation.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Starkvegas-Kentucky game was difficult to watch. Lots of action at times but too many goddamn whistles and commercials.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Three of the 12 players named to the Pacific-12 Conference Hall of Honor today never played in the Pac-12, or the Pac-10, the Pac-8, the AAWU or the PCC, the current conference's recognized predecessors. Using that logic, Kelly Tripuka and Dave Bing can become ACC Hall of Famers!

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Derrick Coleman and Adrian Dantley were in last year's "ACC Legends" class.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I believe Ace Custis was an ACC legend as well. Despite having only played in the Metro and Atlantic 10 ...

12. dixiehack

Carroll Broussard, the 1961 SWC player of the year, was an SEC legend for A&M last spring. (Poor Mizzou didn't get one.)

Draft saved Draft deleted