1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn't Aaron Rodgers talk to his family any more?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 17, 2017.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

To her credit, she has improved a lot as an actor. Granted there was much room for improvement when she moved beyond Attack of the Show.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Right. She's not a star. So what's the problem?

3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Maybe his family just sucks.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

One of the really impressive things about Aaron Rodgers is just how sharp he is. I've read articles in which he describes exact details of nondescript plays from a HIGH SCHOOL ALL-STAR GAME and play-by-play of his friends' middle-school basketball games. He went on Celebrity Jeopardy last offseason and cleaned up. He is also well known for being thin-skinned about weird stuff, like people who remark that he seems shorter than he looks on TV (He's 6'2"). In short, there's a lot going on above his neck. I don't know what his relationship with Olivia is like or if his family really are greedy ne'er do wells. But even throwing that aside, not only does he have a whole bunch of reasons to have a superiority complex, he's perfectly equipped to remember things like family arguments. I'm guessing the appeals on behalf of his family members via the media are not helping this much.

Aaron Rodgers shows off his photographic memory

And I do not give an airborne fornication, because he basically the sole reason the Packers have been any good for the last two months.

On the other hand, the best player on my favorite baseball team, Justin Verlander, and his family appear to be just fine with SJ.com's Favorite Solid 6. Like I said, though, Rodgers is just strung rather tightly, I think, and has a long memory.

ifilus likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There is compelling evidence that Aaron Rodgers' sensitivity is the source of most of Aaron Rodgers' issues with other people.

6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I think Munn was one of the worst Daily Show 'correspondents.' She was always as instant channel-changer for me, and I quit watching the show for good around that time. I liked her in what I saw of the Newsroom, but that did seem like a one-note character.

7. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I, @Vombatus, like what I saw of her in Magic Mike, via Celebrity Movie Archive, natch.

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

That's my RHCP cover band's name.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Um, wait, whut? :eek:

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Look it up. You won't be disappointed.

11. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

Having never met him I have no idea if his head is on straight, and pointed out with the Sharper example that of course we don't really know these guys. I was making the different point that his carefully constructed public image is that of a fairly well-balanced guy who seems like he might actually have read a book or two in his life (quoting St. Francis of Assisi in interviews, for example), doesn't get in trouble, and is seemingly pretty normal apart from other-wordly skills as a quarterback. And this perception, which is hard to keep entirely out of mind even if you're aware that it may have nothing to do with reality, makes the estrangement from his family seem more jarring than it would for, say, Johnny Football.

Tweener likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted