1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Last week I watched the first episode of "Black Mirror," which was the most disturbing thing I've seen in a long time, like something out of a bad dream or a night of mushrooms gone wrong. However, I still dig on swine.

Last night I watched the first three episodes of "Stranger Things." I reckon I'll watch some more.

LendelS likes this.
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Looks intriguing, but our 'free' HBO ended before it started.
    Next time we get a retention package hopefully we can watch all back episode.
    That's what we did with 'Night of.'

3. LendelS

LendelS New Member

I am also seeing an Episode "May I Come in Madam" it's really nice Episode. Love it so far.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait, the infamous squeal like a pig episode is the show's premiere one? Wow.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

That's the one. I watched the first season clutching the arm of my favorite chair. It's brilliant and disturbing.

LendelS likes this.
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Two episodes so far for 'Taboo.' I can tell this going to be another one of these incessantly glacially paced shows in which a million plot and story threads are started but the viewers is expected to wait for the series conclusion before anything is resolved.
    I'll give it one more episode.

This is lauded as a TV golden age, but I mourn for episodic TV shows.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Perhaps this belongs on the 'creepy admissions' thread, but we are into the Leah Remini Scientology show.
    Remini is extremely annoying, but for some reason we've really gotten into this show.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Because Scientology is the Donald Trump of religions?

swingline likes this.
  9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Wife and I got into the Scientology show. Wow people are gullible.

And yes on Leah. She was so cute in Saved by the Bell and King of Queens. But the lips, the nails, the fake eyelashes. It's a turnoff.

But good for her to go after that wackjob association.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Same here. We started watching it last night. "This is Us" was really good.

Mrs Ex and I have been teetering on the verge of a split for some time and, for 45 minutes, this washed a lot of that needless tension away. Brought back some memories of our younger selves.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Now you just need to figure out a way to have girlfriend sex with Mrs. Ex and, voila, you ARE your younger self -- at least for a night.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It's deeper (rimshot) than that.

Major alcohol issues - hers - and some of the longstanding mess that is lingering from it. Can't take her anywhere alcohol is present these days.

But we're trying.

Draft saved Draft deleted