1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn't Aaron Rodgers talk to his family any more?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 17, 2017.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Eh, we'd be lesser without it. We'll give Wally credit on that one.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

He was on The Bachelorette and won, I believe.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Still don't know why this is a story other than his fame-seeking and less talented brother making a deal out of it.

I imagine that Aaron doesn't talk to them because he sees himself as superior to them for whatever reason. He has a major chip from not getting recruited, falling in the draft, sitting behind Favre, etc.

There's a part of me that admires this, if his family are leeches. I have way too much of my family I must communicate with out of obligation -- even if they treat me like crap.

4. SnarkShark

Maybe it's just me, but the sense I get from Aaron Rodgers every time I hear him speak is that he's kind of a prick.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I think he's condescending and arrogant -- which perhaps comes from accomplishing what he has accomplished and wondering why others close to him can't or won't do the same.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Close. What a way to frame it. He's the backwoods dude in Arkansas, essentially, only he's rich.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

With the proliferation of "stuff actors can be on" we've been graced with half-baked comic talents such as Munn, Aubrey Plaza, the jackass in the upcoming Fist Fight and the Sklar Brothers. That Munn is a star on any level is amazing to me.

8. SnarkShark

I thought Munn was pretty good in Newsroom, before the show got bad.

bigpern23 and jr/shotglass like this.
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Early adopter in the Internet hack fame game too. I might be old and senile and forget my kids' names someday, but I'll still remember "lick my tight asshole and choke me." She's one heck of a caption writer.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

She was the best part of that show, even though Sorkin struggles to write female characters. I think Alma and I have very different ideas of what's funny.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think Alma cherishes having different ideas from everyone on everything.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The fourth or fifth lead on an ill-fated TV show isn't a star. It's just an actor. And a mediocre one at that.

Draft saved Draft deleted