1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 Running NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 24, 2016.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You know, I keep hearing this from Warriors fans... but every time I watch that replay, I see a shoulder being planted right on LeBron's chin.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I agree. Also, fuck Draymond Green. He has earned the non-benefit of the doubt.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Green clearly shoulderblocked him and the flagrant call was correct, but LeBron did lay it on a little thick in the aftermath.

People here were also arguing Green didn't kick Steve Adams in the nuts last year, when nut kicks don't get much clearer than that was.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that QTLAW sees it differently.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Aren't you the same guy who last year ludicrously insisted Green's nut kicks were just part of his "natural shooting motion"?

LongTimeListener and JC like this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

From what I saw, he did not get hit in mouth, but of course you could differ:

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He drove his right shoulder into LeBron's chin. Not quite sure how that's hard to see.

I like Draymond -- he's an incredibly smart player and works his ass off. His act is starting to wear thin, though. Not a lot of patience for a dirty player who takes a cheap shot and then mocks the guy he hurt. That's becoming his calling card.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think LTL mentioned it above, Green has lost his benefit of the doubt within the league, but of all the parts of James' face that got hit by Green's shoulder, I think LeBron's beard took the brunt of the hit. Green's arm is going into LeBron's chest and his shoulder grazes LeBron's face along the way. There was contact, but the brunt of that hit was on LeBron's chest. LeBron flopped. He threw his head back to make the brushing of his beard look worse than it was and threw himself to the ground with more force than was necessary.

Green clothes-lined him, that's not in doubt. The flagrant was justified but the only part of James' chin that got rearranged by Green's shoulder was a few hairs.

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

His act reminds me a lot of what Bruce Bowen used to do.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Green's been working to clean up his act this year, it seems. The flagrant may have been more on rep (his and LeBron's) than anything else.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Tough to tell who the Warrior fans are on here.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I want it stated for the record I never purport myself to being a warriors fan but more of a LeBron unfan.

Draft saved Draft deleted