1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's your major Major Ogilvie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Aug 17, 2006.

1. part-timer

part-timer Member

Granger Hall, Temple basketball. I think he was recruited by Harry Litwack, played for Don Casey and finished up with Chaney.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I don't know specific names, but it always seemed to me Duke and Kentucky basketball teams had the same players for like 8 years. Not so much anymore, but it seemed Bobby Hurley was at Duke forever. Same with Kentucky during Pitino's last years and Tubby's first couple.

3. WS

WS Member

Cedric Cobbs and Madre Hill were running backs at Arkansas for quite a while

4. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Mike Peplowski and Matt Steigenga were recruited by Gus Ganakas and finally finished up during the Izzo era.

Steve Eyl was at Indiana longer than Bob Knight.

Matt Vanderbeek managed to distinguish himself in the 10-10 tie with ND in 1966 and later on stifle the USC running game in the '87 Rose Bowl.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. doctorx

doctorx Member

Auburn WR Freddy Weygand played in as many Iron Bowls as Major Ogilvie.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I remember thinking that Jamie Gladden from Zavier was in the tournament throughout my HS & college careers.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This entire thread existed without mentioning Brian Cardinal at Purdue? Wow.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Tolono's own "Citizen Pain!"

I used to have a copy of that book.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The one guy who springs to mind for me is Vince Hamilton, who it seemed played basketball at Clemson for the entire decade of the '80s.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Taysom Hill, BYU quarterback who finally finished this year. Class of 2009 in HS. He is a year younger than Marcus Mariota and two years younger than Jameis Winston, each of whom have already played two years in the NFL.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted