1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Neat. That was in the novelization. I didn't know if it was cut before filming or filmed and then cut.

And yes, this might as well be the Star Wars thread since I'm sure we'll get the title of the next film any day now .... one can hope.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Does the novel have enough material not in the movie to be worth reading? I thought about picking it up a few times, but hadn't bothered yet.

I kinda wish they had used that scene in the theatrical release, but I understand why they left it out. There was already so much going on and they didn't need yet another call-back to the original. It looks like they filmed it, but didn't really finish the effects on the scene.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Star Wars Ep. VIII: One Can Hope.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It would be funny to cast Maury Povich as the character who tells who Rey's father is.

Batman likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Luke Skywalker is revealed as the ultimate deadbeat dad.

Deskgrunt50 and Ace like this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm starting to see more momentum for Obiwan being the grandfather

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I was thinking during the Super Bowl.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So was the Death Star project like the intergalactic Big Dig?
    Bureaucrats were just blatantly lying all along about completion schedules, cost and effectiveness?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

From reading some on Wookiepedia, it seems the answer is yes. At least in the old EU. It took about 19 years to build because of strikes, Rebel sabotage (akin to modern eco-terrorism), issues with procuring materials and budgets, etc. It didn't help that Vader probably force-choked to death 29 different project managers when they started running behind schedule, or that the Empire apparently likes to kill off its chief engineers in mass purges.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

See that is probably a big compounding factor in the schedule and cost over-runs - consistently killing of PMs and chief engineers.
    Filling those positions had to be consistent cause of schedule variance, which causes additional cost over-runs.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Death Star to Nowhere.

Batman likes this.
  12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The required weekly safety meetings with all the subcontractors really drags down productivity.

Draft saved Draft deleted