1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas parties and bonuses

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Dec 20, 2016.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I am using Excel and Access much of the day and I compile a bunch of numbers for the monthly project I'm in charge of. Didn't do that before and I actually don't mind it. When I figured out some errors in how things had been done previously, I was so giddy you'd have thought I won the lottery. On Friday, I was the last to leave the office since a project is due this week. I left at 3:30 and have today off. Plus there was a pay raise earlier in the day and boss bought everyone lunch.

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Did that smart ass paper clip man show up to mouth off? He's a fuckin' asshole, I tell ya!

3. Old Time Hockey

Old Time Hockey Active Member

I'd like to straighten him out.

Hermes, Bradley Guire and Ace like this.
  4. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I hope this expert is showing you guys in increments or is pulling the just wait how much more I have to help you card or in this business now that others know what to do he/she will likely be out the door.

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

What the hell does any of this have to do with your Christmas party/bonus?

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, when you know how to use all the features of Excel and Word, life is a nonstop party!

Doc Holliday likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Nada, this time around. And perfectly OK with that.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

My old place did a catered meal every year. Haven't heard yet if they did one for who's left.

My current shop did meat and cheese trays, not to mention fruit, veggies... we still have a shit-ton of it...

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, we did have a Christmas party on a Saturday night at a fondue restaurant, and then the secretaries/paralegals made this big spread for us earlier this week. Felt like it should have been the other way around.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

They had a party in our main office, but I work in a bureau 35 miles away. It wasn't worth it to me to drive 90 minutes round trip for a piece of chicken and coleslaw.

They used to let us expenses a pizza or similar for the bureau, but I'm the only one working here now so I haven't asked.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

$10 to target

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Three parties on Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday. Big department-wide gig on Wednesday was the roast turkey-and-stuffing buffet. I enjoy my job.

Draft saved Draft deleted