1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Brown video shows Tomlin's disdain for the Patriots'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 16, 2017.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Do we really think Mike Tomlin doesn't hate the Patriots? This is the guy who went public with accusations about them jacking around the AV equipment -- correct accusations, I should note -- in the season opener after Deflategate.

This really isn't a big deal, teams talk about each other all the time, but let's not pretend it's just two old friends trash-talking each other.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Where is it proven those accusations were correct?

3. LongTimeListener

It's proven by duh, fuck, every team that has gotten on a roll at Gillette in the Belichick Era suddenly has a headset malfunction.

Children and Pats fans (sorry for being redundant) can argue, but the rest of us live in the real world.

Sea Bass likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Locker room talk is salty!?!

GET THE BREAKING NEWS BUG ON THE SCREEN AND RALLY ALL 893 NFL ANALYSTS!

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I can already see Belicheck saying to the Pats "if you needed this to motivate you any further in the AFC Championship game, you've lost already." "DO YOUR JOB!!" As I've said before, after watching the NFL Films "The Patriot Way" (or something like that) and seeing the immense work Belicheck puts into preparation, I nearly became a Pats fan but have retained my tremendous respect for what they do.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Did they ever get that ass when they landed back in Pittsburgh?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Brown is the second-best player in the NFL? Or did you mean Bell?

To be clear, I'm not arguing against the Steelers giving either guy a big payday. Everything I've read or heard has Brown getting an extension and Bell the franchise tag, and that makes sense. Running backs don't tend to last long and Bell brings the added risk of being one violation of the substance abuse policy away from a 10-game suspension. He has missed the start of the last two seasons with suspensions, so it seems like a sound approach to tag Bell.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

When do enough baseless accusations make something true? That's important to know.

9. LongTimeListener

We already have Rhody and Gator. You'd be no better than the third-biggest TAWMMY BRADY FACK YEAH!!!! fanboi here.

BurnsWhenIPee, JC and YankeeFan like this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I mean what I type.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you say so, but my question was meant to clarify which guy you were talking about, Brown or Bell. I assume you meant Bell.

Bell most likely won't get an extension for the reasons I already mentioned. They are almost definitely going to franchise tag him.

Draft saved Draft deleted