1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL 2016-17 playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 2, 2017.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

KC should have kicked onside since it gave them two chances to get the ball back instead of one -- especially since they only needed a FG. Even if they don't recover the onside kick and then stop the Steelers and get the ball back deep in their own territory, they don't need to go the entire field to get in position to win.

jr/shotglass and sgreenwell like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I read something today that I hadn't put together. This will be the first time the Steelers and Patriots will play one another in the playoffs since 2004, when Roethlisberger was a rookie.

Not that I'm expecting Roethlisberger to improve upon his history against the Patriots. He has been inconsistent since Week 6. Maybe it is the knee injury. Perhaps it is the losses the team suffered at receiver. I'm guessing it is a bit of both, but he is going to have to put together a complete game at a high level for the Steelers to win Sunday and he hasn't shown the ability to play that way most of this season.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Not a complete surprise the Pats and Steelers haven't met in the playoffs since then. If the Pats are a 1 and the Steelers are a 2 or a 3, they'll be in opposite sides of the bracket. Broncos, Colts and Ravens got in one or the other's way most years — even the Jets a couple of times.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Beast Mode looks like he misses football.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Damn, I would not have guessed that in a hundred years.

6. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

Do you have a point, or shall I just suggest that you choke on a pecan sandie now?

8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Never touch the things.

9. outofplace

That was part of the point.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bill Vinovich the white hat for the NFC title game, Terry McAulay for the AFC.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I like the way Tomlin addressed the locker room video today. I like him in general, but I thought he handled it well.

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I don't think he needs to, but I wonder if he'll pull Brown from the first series to make a point, a la Belichick after Welker's foot fetish speech before the Jets playoff game.

The whole Brown thing is more overblown - here, at least - than the Giants' one-day vacation

Draft saved Draft deleted