1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ah, the old "I'll tell you the details after my cabinet is confirmed" ploy. It worked so well as the "I'll releases my taxes" and "I'll give you details on how I'll divest" later gambits. What a jackass.

I'm sure that'll be a stack of blank papers nobody's allowed to see, too. Or, he'll claim that nobody but reporters are interested in his ACA replacement plan and refuse to divulge.

Ace and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

What exactly are the terrible ramifications we would face from no longer shielding pharmaceutical companies from having to negotiate PDP prices through HHS?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'd say there's an 80 percent chance that he thinks everyone HAS to do what he says just because he's the president, independent of any other factors.

I.E., "Make health care more affordable, now!"

"Yes sir!"

dixiehack likes this.
  4. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Why not? Let's assume Booker holds the Hillary vote. Hillary won the black vote by 80 points (roughly Kerry levels) but Obama won by 85%. Black turnout was also down, closer to pre-Obama levels (it was 10% higher for Obama than Kerry). The population of this country will grow about three percent by the next election. Only 10-15% of that growth is white. So if Booker finds 15,000 extra votes in Wayne County, Michigan and another 150,000 or so in Florida or 80,000 in Pennsylvania because of an increased black vote and turnout and the growing Asian and Hispanic population he wins the Presidency.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  7. LanceyHoward

You can argue equivalencies all you want. But how is the immediate problem in the Ukraine solved? What is the end game for the civil war? How is it settled if the Russian military is involved?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary post.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well . . .. let the eastern part of the country declare its independence as it wants to do (the nation of Nororossiya).

Novorossiya - Wikipedia

But we would never allow that. We only like for nations to declare their independence when they break away from our enemies and become our buddies (or puppets). When it goes in the other direction, we blather on about "respecting the sovereignty of nations."

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It is? Fascinating.

11. LanceyHoward

I also see the point about Putin being threatened. And the Russians I knew defended the occupation of Eastern Europe as a rational response to the terrible losses Russia suffered in WWII. But Putin keeps talking about a Russian sphere of influence. If I was a resident of a former Soviet Bloc country I would wonder and be frightened about what the hell that meant.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

This post reflects how poorly the pro-choicers understand pro lifers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.