1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I won't know until I see whether some or another Facebook backdrop appears.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

One of my aunts posted four stories from conservative news outlets about this today Don't think I gained or lost any sense of outrage from the fourth compared to the first.

Are we supposed to prove our outrage to QYFW like we're supposed to post on Facebook pictures American flags to prove our patriotism, post a picture of Jesus to prove our faith, or a picture of our spouse to prove we love them?

Cosmo, Ace, Z3lda and 1 other person like this.
  3. doctorquant

I told you those high school acting classes were gonna pay off ...

Ace likes this.
  4. doctorquant

If you don't share the posts, there's blood on your hands.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

You don't think any have? We don't live in a parliamentary system where you essentially force members of your party to vote for legislation. There are 290 Repubkicans in Congress, give-or-take a few, who have their own preferences.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Right. There are no significant issues at play here. Nothing to see, move on.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can't post the photos I have of my spouse on Facebook. Exclusively NSFW.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What are they?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You should blame your Republican colleagues for not getting together in, let's say, 2003, and coming up with some detailed ideas then instead of wasting time bleating about flag pins and freedom fries.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Catch this. ... I was flipping channels earlier and I stopped for a second on France 24. It's funded by the French government -- comes right to my TV. Were the French rigging our elections with it? James Clapper is on it!

The sad thing about his bullshit is that the NSA, and him, are insidious beyond anything that is really a threat to our freedoms. With the surveillance they have over everything that fucker likely knows exactly where the packets (the e-mails) went and when. They have trace route programs embedded in switches all around the world and they are secretively recording everything.

I would NOT be surprised if the NSA was actually responsible for the leaks -- deciding for whatever fucked up reasons they have (they are out of control and there is no oversight) that they didn't want Hillary Clinton to be president, so let's try to sabotage her.

Sure, I have no proof of anything like that and maybe I am wrong. But I am not going to trust James Clapper about anything. When his gums flap, I assume lies and complete bullshit.

BTExpress and doctorquant like this.
  11. Z3lda

Z3lda New Member

Im sure they wouldve done that but....the flag pins and freedom fries and red trucker hats seem to work pretty well.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not to mention said taxpayers will now have to pay more for Carrier's products.

Gotta love the law of unintended consequences -- which Trump supporters won't worry about until they wake up one day and see that their 99 Cent Store has had to rebrand to $9.99 thanks to our war with China.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.