1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Staff writer, Deadspin

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Cosmo, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I applied! I hope I get it!

jk. Tim Marchman is a piece of shit so I can't imagine working for him would be great.

Potter, JBondurant804 and Jake_Taylor like this.
  3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Has anybody heard anything about this one yet?

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I don't go to Deadspin, and haven't for years, ever really. I don't know if A.J. Daulerio is still there, but I read an interview with him in which he described a plea for a father. The man's daughter was caught having sex on the floor of a bathroom in a bar, and there was video. The father knew Daulerio got his hands on it an begged him not to published it to the masses. "But I had to," Daulerio said, and I'm paraphrasing. What a Grade-A fucker. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. And Deadspin can fuck off, too.

5. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Pay is probably shit but the ability to work remote, and not have to live in New York City, might be intriguing.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Must be adept at using 'Fuck' and 'Goddamn' in web heds."

Batman, Ice9, ondeadline and 2 others like this.
  7. Creighton Rabs

Creighton Rabs New Member

Those frauds are still in business?

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

"Must be willing to destroy all chances of respectable future employment in exchange for a few clicks on our site, the former owner of which bailed on a precedent-setting legal case (and so, too, his employees) and the former editor of which is now cutting lawns in Florida because he's fucking broke."

Creighton Rabs likes this.
  9. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

That seems untrue.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It's an exaggeration, sure. But I know of quite a few instances where Deadspin kids have written something that cost them better employment.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Must be a self-loathing shithead. Must believe that everything in the world sucks, even the things that don't.

JBondurant804 likes this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You could always use the place as your personal waystation, as Greg Howard did.

Draft saved Draft deleted