1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For my fellow film credits-watching nerds...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I have a new favorite find. While watching Top Gun on TV today, I noticed the pilots who were serving as extras on the flick. Among them, was Lt. Peter Caulk.

His call sign? Why, "Horse," of course. Yep.

Lt. Pete "Horse" Caulk.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I used to love watching the credits on the Zucker Bros. films like Airplane and The Naked Gun. So many great little jokes buried in those. It also taught me what exactly a grip does.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Moose costumes.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Avoid using condensed type and all caps when crediting CLINT EASTWOOD.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I still do not understand closing credits.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Big Circus and HC like this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I love the closing credits. People hate going to the movies with me because I will stay until the very last one rolls across the screen and I will read them all (well, as many as I can given how fast they fly by).

The last movie I saw had a new one for me -- Best Boy Grip. I've seen Best Boys and I've seen all manner of grips (especially the famous key grip), but a Best Boy Grip?

My kids thought it was hilarious that the caterers and drivers got screen credits.

Killick likes this.
  8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I do the same thing, dm. And I get a little snobbish for the newcomers, too. I've been doing it since I was a teen. I'm not one of these whelps who only started doing it to see the Marvel end-scene.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Caterers and drivers are vital to the process. Seriously.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Caterers and drivers are essential, so are best boys, but why do we need everybody's name on display?
    I don't like it. Never have.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I dunno .... I think it's good that people not in glory positions get recognized.

Draft saved Draft deleted