1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 15: Methadone clinic edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 9, 2016.

1. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Hell of a game.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I thought it was awful. What? Seven turnovers?

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Love this postgame tradition. Win first, sing last.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That was a pretty awesome scene. Was rooting hard for Army because of a relationship with a coach who I dealt with for years at a previous stop.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Got dusty for Army. Now getting dusty for Verne.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Classy farewell from Uncle Verne.

Chef2, I Should Coco and Cosmo like this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

People think Game 7 of this year's World Series was a classic and neither team could hold their own nuts without fumbling them.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We have three cadets from our small town, including one that's a manager for the football team. Happy to see them win.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Always love to watch this game, turnovers or not. Love option football and in the end, Army's game-long running attack won out.

Verne's farewell was very well done.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe not especially well-played, but sure exciting. And only two penalties, no strutting, etc. Great comeback by Navy, even better final drive by Army, and what a celebration. No need to watch the Heisman crap, this game was by far the highlight of the day. Someday I will go to one, hopefully on the West Coast. It would be great at Levi's Stadium.

Lundquist was total class.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

It had everything in excitement that it lacked in execution and then some, and it doesn't matter because this isn't Olympic gymnastics. Wish my stream quality was better and that I hadn't tuned in at the start of the second half, but it was great watching.

And I wouldn't have figured Verne would have handled it any other way. That's why he's a legend.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We'll still have Verne in Augusta, so that's a good thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted