1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There are guidelines and there are rules ...

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

You're a measured person, for sure. But do you really doubt Russia influenced the election? Only DNC emails were leaked. Intelligence agencies have repeatedly said Russia interfered.

The election is over. Trump won and we're stuck with that. But to dispute Trump didn't get help from Russia, James Comey and a whole lot of fake news is ignoring a whole lot of factors.

Despite all that, Clinton won the popular vote by more than 2.5 milllion.

The influence of a foreign government should be alarming to any American, politics aside.

Many knew this was going on. But it was more entertaining to talk about Trump's fucking tweets. A failure on many levels.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw a story today that had quotes from insiders from both campaigns that cited the Comey letter as the reason for Trump's win. After it came out, Clinton's lead in college-educated white males cratered. I'll try to Google it up in a bit.

Here ... 10 Crucial Decisions That Reshaped America

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I said it in the golf topic, but it's not like he can stop off in Malaysia to open a golf course after finishing diplomatic talks in China.Which is why the businesses need to be put in a blind trust. I know he's going to let the kids run the businesses (yeah, sure), but it's not the same. Look at all the folks who were urged to stay in Trump's hotel while visiting DC?

7. HanSenSE

It was that kid from the first season of "Heroes." Went in the booth and cast millions of votes for Trump!

8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

This gets better. Because this piece of majesty is the response when reporters asked about it

There are many things that can be asked about this, but the one that leaves be bewildered is why say "One of the biggest electoral college victories in history"? This is a thing that is objectively untrue. He ranks about 12th in electoral vote percentage margin of 58. His margin of votes isn't outside the top 20. His total is eighth-lowest in the past 28, dating back to when there were only 470.

I'm sure I'll be told this is part of some distraction or slight of hand, but it's going to be weird to have the leader of the free world just firing off silly, pointless, easily disprovable lies. We'll probably get it what? Once a week? Just gonna be odd.

Inky_Wretch and SnarkShark like this.
  9. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Alas, that is not a blind trust. Oh well.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

We are in a post-fact world.

11. HanSenSE

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Serious question:

Why is it "alarming" that a country that fucks with other nations' elections might have its own elections fucked with?

The current president of Ukraine is America's hand-picked guy after we helped get rid of the democratically elected president. How "alarming" was that?

Shouldn't "expected" be the word of choice?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.