1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your unpopular opinions and creepy admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I will not eat anything with bananas in it or that is banana-flavored (even chewing gum).

The only thing I like with "banana" in the name is banana peppers.

I also love salsa, ketchup, tomato soup, tomato sauce and fried green tomatoes, but cannot stand fresh, raw tomatoes.

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I generally will eat raw onion, but don't care for cooked onion (small dice in soups, etc. are fine, but not big chunks).
    And I agree with @Steak Snabler re: tomatoes (processed are fine for flavor, hate the texture).

Steak Snabler likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I think Soundgarden and Alice in Chains were better than Pearl Jam and Nirvana.
    I don't think Jimmy Fallon is funny at all.
    I often google the ages of the girls I see on my daughter's Disney/Nickleodeon shows and hope they're legal.

Tweener likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One of my brothers is the same way with tomatoes, so you and Fly are not alone. I sure disagree with you, however. A ripe summer tomato is a glorious thing

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I cannot stand eggs. If they aren't binding a cake or holding breadcrumbs to chicken, I have no use for them. Ate a bunch of them when I was 5 and can't do it anymore. I'm 33.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My unpopular opinion: Aversions to foods are mostly mental quirks/bad associations that can be overcome. I detested onions and peppers for 31 years. One day I decided to change that and within two weeks I was eating them.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Some of these are not opinions at all; they're just admissions.
    And some creepy admissions, too.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

What about a banana in the tailpipe?

Steak Snabler likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ate a ton of "tomato salads" in high school (still do) ... cut up tomatoes, douse 'em with balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese and voila!

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Not gonna fall for that ...

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I never found Chris Farley all that funny.

I never found Jim Carrey to be anything more than an overactor.

I never found Will Ferrell funny other than when he did his Bush impression in "You're welcome, America."

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You were a very mature-looking 5-year-old.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted