1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your unpopular opinions and creepy admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 8, 2016.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

What about for the rest of us?

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

East Coast bias sucks.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

West Coast needs to turn its clocks ahead three hours.

Permanently. :)

TyWebb likes this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I went to like this because I am a Tigers fan, and then I listened to it a second time and realized why you used it, and it probably has little or nothing to do with the Tigers.

Fly likes this.
  6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Norm MacDonald. Not funny. At all. I keep giving him a shot, thinking that I must be missing something, and come away with the same conclusion every time. Latest was an hour-long Nerdist podcast. It was an hour of thinking "What about this guy is so funny? He's insufferable."

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

• Nick Saban is better to cover than most coaches with nicer personalities. At least he has something to say most of the time, and I'd rather have a good story than the warm and fuzzies from a cliche machine.
    • Unhealthy foods taste so much better that they're worth the 2-3 years you shave off your life expectancy, which you'd probably spend in a nursing home with dementia and bed sores anyway.
    • The idea of sex in the ass is totally unappealing. If that's your jam, Godspeed, but I just don't get it.
    • Most beer sucks.
    • When I bet craps, it is almost always Don't Pass and Don't Come. When I win, it's usually pretty unpopular.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

1. In a democratic society, there is no justification for the state to take a life.
    2. I consider it at least a reasonable theological hypothesis that the liberalization of cultural attitudes regarding sex and gay rights are divine providence to address overpopulation.
    3. The novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent overrated crap. Wait, that's someone else...
    4. The American sports fan's inability to stomach a contest that ends in a tie constitutes a character flaw.
    5. Pete Rose should be allowed in the Hall of Fame ... but as punishment for betting on baseball, his eligibility should begin five years after his death.
    6. Due to the reasonable possibility that pitchers and hitters were using in equal measure, I believe great players of the Steroids Era should be considered at face value but that known users be so noted on their Hall of Fame plaques.
    7. As someone else noted, I found "Napoleon Dynamite" to be both confusing and remarkably unfunny.
    8. "God Bless America" is an incredibly banal piece of music.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Goddammit, she wants sex again? This is bullshit, man ...

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Also, puppies suck. Feed 'em to coyotes.

11. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I love love love "Sex and the City." I won't say it's my bible because that would be inane, but when I have insomnia it's my go-to nostalgia show.
    But I despise anything else that features SJP. (Yep, I'm calling her that.) She only plays the same character, with the same mannerisms as Carrie. I'm hate-watching "Divorce" just to scream at the TV.

Ace likes this.
  12. bstnmarthn354

bstnmarthn354 New Member

99.99 percent of all the music recorded in the last 15 years is crap.

I'm all for deporting as many of the 11 million as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted