1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your unpopular opinions and creepy admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I can't comment on the totality of his work, but "Room For Squares" (his first album) should be required listening for every listless, drifting 26-year-old in America. It gets ripped on because, John Mayer, but it's a damn fine piece of work.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's an outstanding player. Really. If I don't care for some of his work, it's my taste's problem, not his gifts.

3. As The Crow Flies

As The Crow Flies Active Member

John Mayer was a-ok with me after I saw that skit on the Dave Chapelle show that examined white people's dancing habits. To me, that's the most underrated sketch of the entire two seasons.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He had a really limited release debut EP called "Inside Wants Out" that was terrific. "Room For Squares" was almost as good, except for "Your Body is a Wonderland," which is awful.

He then decided to pattern the bulk of his career after "Your Body is a Wonderland," cranking our crap for sorority girls.

He can write a really good song. He just chooses not to.

Good player, though.

2muchcoffeeman and I Should Coco like this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I have no idea who Bill Hicks is (was?).

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That song is actually kind of cool and filthy if you listen to the lyrics. It's about taking the day off and screwing each other's brains out. It's just dressed up as crap for sorority girls.

But yeah, he definitely seems like the guy who played guitar in the dorm stairwell and quad to get chicks. And, unfortunately, he did. Lots and lots and lots of beautiful women, on top of a pile of money, Rainier Wolfcastle style.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that"s Larry the Cable Guy's real name.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman and Batman like this.
  9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

BitterYoungMatador2 and UPChip like this.
  10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't like tailgating.

exmediahack likes this.
  11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

My ancestors worked their asses off to get a roof over their heads and indoor plumbing (eventually). They sure as hell didn't do all that work for me to just go back to caveman days. :p

dixiehack, Webster and Ace like this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I love disco; the styles, the music, Saturday Night Fever; I'm all in.

As The Crow Flies likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted