1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your unpopular opinions and creepy admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I could care less about sabermetrics.

I get why baseball people use them and how they can be an important tool for them. But I don't care about VORPs and RE24s.

doctorquant likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I wanted the Indians to win the World Series.

I much preferred the wall of sound/sax/keyboards music of the Dave Clark 5 to the Beatles, and still do.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I liked early John Mayer, and I hope modern John Mayer is just as good.

Batman likes this.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe in God but don't think he has any part in the day-to-day.

Patriotism is a silly concept

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Some of y'all are completely fucked in the head. (Not an unpopular opinion -- just a statement of the obvious while reading this thread.)

Anyway -- Lady Gaga is this generation's Madonna. And by that I mean insufferable, pretentious, derivative and mediocre.
    "Napoleon Dynamite" is an unwatchable piece of shit.
    "Scarface" is beloved by people too dumb to get "The Godfather."
    Radiohead has been really boring for about 20 years now, and it started at the exact moment they began to be heralded as geniuses.
    In related news, Arcade Fire is almost comically overrated.
    Eric Clapton is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame three times, which means he has more hall of fame plaques than he has good solo songs.
    The original "Star Wars" is almost unwatchable now.

Stoney, exmediahack, Tweener and 4 others like this.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Comically Overrated would be a great name for a band.

Speed's aversion to cooking outdoors made me gasp.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

• I think "Big Bang Theory" is the dumbest thing on television.

• I think the rest of professional sports is faker than pro wrestling.

• I think officials determine winners and losers way more than anyone wants to admit.

• I think all reality TV shows are faker than pro wrestling.

• I think professional wrestling died the day Chris Benoit slaughtered his family.

• I've always hated Hulk Hogan and Dusty Rhodes.

• I think collegiate football would be better served if they split the country into conferences, with every team in a conference, split by two divisions, with the division winners meeting for the conference title, and those winners (presumably 8 or 16) but into a national tournament. No more "voters" deciding who the playoff teams are.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Pride in something you worked hard at is commendable. A project. A career. Getting into a good school. Raising a good kid. Finishing a marathon. Climbing a mountain. Making a difference in someone's life.

Pride in something you had no control over is ridiculous. Thus, no one should be proud (or ashamed, for that matter) of where they were born or what sexual orientation they are or what their favorite team did.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I just mean I don't put stock in the "just one drop leads to relapse" theory.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is this your opinion or your experience?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It is my opinion, based on my (and others') experience.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I think the idea of rooting for the "home town team" is silly considering it is nothing more than a private business which is headquartered in a city and staffed by employees from somewhere else.

I don't think Bill Hicks was a comedic genius. I think Bill Hicks was a philosopher who occasionally had a punchline.

I think anyone who is a diehard republican or democrat is a diehard idiot, since these politicians all run in the same social circles and attend the same balls, galas and benefits. There's more collusion there than they'll ever admit, because there is money to be made from the divisiveness.

Draft saved Draft deleted