1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football coaching carousel 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 25, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fits the mold, and at least he knows the lay of the land at Sparta.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There, there, Taggart, it's just a man and his horse being hung.

[​IMG]

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, if Taggart adopts Hedley Lamarr's recruiting plan, he's probably going to have to get all those numbers from Art Briles.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

At least Taggart can keep most of his wardrobe.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Let him show up with a green/yellow Under Armour shirt. Let's see how well that goes.
    Me thinks he will be swoosh-ified very quickly.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You mean Briles was recruiting rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists?

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Probably not on that last one. Baylor's a Baptist school.

I mean, if this doesn't look like a Baylor recruiting class, I don't know what does:

(By the way, that clip is roughly reason No. 112 why Blazing Saddles will never, or should never, be remade.)

I don't know jack squat about South Florida's program or this Taggart fellow, but I know a good drop-in when I see one.

Batman likes this.
  8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Almost comical, watching Cincinnati's news on the coaching search. "We're going to get that hot new coach! What? Somebody already got him? Well, we're going to get this other in-demand guy! He's not interested? Well we have a very attractive job, so we're going to get somebody really good. Hey, how about the high school coach in town?"

Egads.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Considering UC snared multiple MAC Championship-winning coaches from a superior Regional Michigan school, I'm curious how interested they are in PJ and vice versa, though I suspect with the whole 13-0 thing, he figures he can hold out for a Power 6 team.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Must have been slim pickin's for that job. But they're still gonna need a shitload of dimes.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted