1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 7, 2016.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Because it is done by a bunch of guy without NFL experience watching tape at home. Before a few years ago, they didn't even have the All-22 and I am not sure they do use the All-22 now. They do HALFTIME analysis off their TVs. The rating system is completely arbitrary with no mathematical basis, just one guy's opinion of whether a player should get a plus 1/2 point for a play. There is no attempt made to correlate their ratings system to actual results, like some of the math based ones. They have no idea what each player's responsibility was on any play, yet PFF thinks it can tell whether a guard or a nose tackle did well on a play. Their rating system is utter horseshit.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Dick, he has looked impressive and would have the stats to back that up without the incredible amount of drops. But it was against two very bad secondaries, and he doesn't have a good history. Maybe this is for real, but I'm rather doubtful.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He'll look great against everyone except New England (and Alabama).

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

DeShone Kizer declares.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

SEC guys declaring left and right here lately ... Derek Barnett, Alvin Kamara, Ricky Seals-Jones, Myles Garrett, Carl Lawson, Quincy Wilson. I think the LSU guys are having a presser Friday. Alabama and Clemson guys we'll know after Monday.

Ohio State's JT Barrett staying.

An interesting note I saw was about Texas A&M wide receiver Speedy Noil, who declared for the draft after being suspended multiple times this year:

Draft saved Draft deleted