1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Which team has owned the other? They're 2-2.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Fine, the Ravens have beaten the Patriots on a bigger stage more often than any other team. The Pats barely beat the Ravens in both playoff wins (35-31, 23-20) and Baltimore blew them out the other two times (33-14, 28-13).

And it should be noted that all four games were at Foxboro. So yeah, I'd say the Ravens have the Pats number in the playoffs.

3. LongTimeListener

Sounds like a dumb thing to say.

4. CD Boogie

If I gave a toot about your sense of hearing, I might care. Go troll someone else, ya hump.

5. LongTimeListener

2-2 does not equal ownage.

Also I prefer to be called a nonce rather than a hump, though I don't know what either means.

6. CD Boogie

In four games -- all in NE, the Ravens outscored the Pats 112-85. It ain't the Vikings getting whooped in four Super Bowls, but it's a pretty large margin overall. And buy a dictionary, ya nonce.

7. LongTimeListener

Damn, they're outscoring them on average by 6.8 points? Wow. That's total domination!

Definition of NONCE

Definition of nonce

1. 1 : the one, particular, or present occasion, purpose, or use <for the nonce>
    2. 2 : the time being
    I don't get it.

8. CD Boogie

Nonce (slang) - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonce_(slang)
    In the United Kingdom and Australia, nonce is a slang word for a pariah within a community of prisoners, typically a sex offender, child sexual abuser or one who has turned ...

Brits have the bloody best slang.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Except that it's a small sample size, across a pretty large number of years. It's a kind of better comparison than when those junk stats are usually floated, because at least Belichick, Brady, Harbaugh and Flacco have been there for most of the games, but I don't really think that sample has much predictive value for this and future years.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, though there is evidence based on this year that the Ravens can make it a game. They have a very good defense. They have a good shot to take away the run and make the Patriots one-dimensional, especially without Gronkowski's blocking. Flacco is coming off a big game. I don't trust him to be consistent, but he can certainly be very dangerous when he's on a hot streak.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Great form on this tackle.

12. CD Boogie

I actually think it is predictive. The Pats know the Ravens -- this coach-Qb combo -- have always given them fits, and so do the fans. The Ravens know this, too, and it gives them a level of confidence that many teams don't have versus the Brady-Belichick Patriots. By predictive, I just mean -- going back to my original point -- that it's going to be a good, close game and not a cake walk for New England.

Draft saved Draft deleted