1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He could walk into the Comedy Central offices Monday and say I want to do a sketch show and I want a 15-episode order and they'd say OK in about two seconds. He's never hidden the fact he will do just about anything if the paycheck is big enough, but everybody with power in Hollywood knows how funny and what a great and prolific writer he is.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah - Doesn't he do a bunch of rewriting and polishes on scripts? I think he spoke about that on Nerdist or some other pod. I'm positive The Odd Couple is a nice paycheck, and he's one of those guys (Fred Willard, Walken, Gary Cole) that will seemingly take any role if the money is right and not really be hurt by it.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The book he wrote with Ben Garant about screenwriting is a really good read. His philosophy is basically that you never know how long you are going to last in Hollywood so make money while you can. It's also a hilarious takedown of the studio system and explanation of how really talented people often end up working on shitty movies.

4. Finished Goliath on Prime.
    First few episodes were great.
    Then they rushed it and threw everything together.
    It was a great character show. And then. It wasn't. And an altogether shitty legal drama.
    It was as if they told the the writers four episodes in they had to tie everything up in nine. The latter part of the show was so rushed, and cobbled together it ultimately sucked.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All caught up on Designated Survivor now. Talk about twists and turns in this week's episode!

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Good Behaviour (sic, in homage to its star) is worth your time; Lady Crawley has fallen down a rabbit hole.

gingerbread likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Mrs. Spartan has started binging the Gilmore Girls episodes. Dear God the acting is bad and I have no clue what this story is about. And it's too early to start drinking.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just watched the season finale of Westworld (I watched Walking Dead at that time last night) and I'm curious what others thought. I thought it was slow and relied on gratuitous nudity and gore at times, but I kind of liked how they resolved the season's storylines. I'm not sure I like a television show with an after-credits scene, but this one has that as well.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the finale yet. I have last two episodes to watch this week.
    So far, I have found the series to be intellectually compelling but not always entertaining.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Also, three episodes into 'People of Earth,' which I like.
    Also have all of 'Search Party' to watch.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Search Party is high in the queue for the GF and I, since it can be tough to find shows we mutually are into. (Well, her way more so than me - I am a Television Slut and will watch anything on TV.)

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I eagerly watched the first episode of Search Party. Did not finish it. Irritating people on parade. At least with You're The Worst, they are interesting irritating people.

Draft saved Draft deleted