1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Monday night game has been over for hours, and there's a Thursday matchup to look forward to for a change. 10-2 Raiders at 9-3 Chiefs has all kinds of postseason implications.

Fittingly, the Sunday slate is garbage, with Jets-49ers atop the heap. Cowboys-Giants at night might not suck.

Ravens-Patriots on Monday. Meh.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, Ravens-Patriots could be pretty good. The Patriots are significantly weaker without Gronkowski and the Ravens have the defense to hang around. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Ravens somehow manage to keep things ugly enough to win that one.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I love watching their games. That playoff one a few years ago was as brutal as it gets

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I think the Pats win easily.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Better get used to the Cowboys in prime time. Cowboys-Bucs got flexed, so that makes 5 straight weeks where Dallas will play in an exclusive national slot. The NFL is going to wring every ounce of gold out of their golden goose.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Packers-Seahawks could be OK now that GB has righted the ship, though if Seattle plays like it did on Sunday night, it won't be. And there are a couple games that could be decent if both teams show up: Saints/Bucs, Dolphins/Cardinals. Even Texans/Colts and Broncos/Titans have potential.

Though woe be to anyone who lives in a city getting a noon Fox game (who thus cannot get a noon CBS game). The only late CBS game is Jets-49ers and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I know they're in the same division, and the schedule is backloaded, but Oakland flying halfway across country on a short week?

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Happens to Dallas' opponent every Thanksgiving.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Steelers at Bills could be a close one, though it likely won't be pretty. The Steelers have turned much of the offense over to Le'Veon Bell during the current three-game winning streak and so far he and the offensive line have made it work. That has helped keep the defense off the field.

The Bills have the top running attack in the league. Pittsburgh has been strong in that area in recent weeks, but they may be down a second starter up front because rookie Javon Hargrave is in the concussion protocol. That will be a much bigger deal against the Bills than it as against a one-dimensional Giants offense.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yup, Washington got the shaft this year -- Sunday night game the week before.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

1. I think I saw somewhere that the Raiders are favored by three at Kansas City. Free money available.

2. Even though the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins are all good to great this year, it is now and always has been nearly impossible for me to think of any NFC East team as actually being any good, because all their fans and media do is bitch, bitch, bitch about them and everything they do.

Draft saved Draft deleted